LEGO Mania Magazine: A Look Back to Twenty Years Ago! (Part I)

Twenty years ago (!), LEGO decided to start publishing a magazine aptly named "LEGO Mania Magazine".  Over Christmas, I happened to be at my parent's house - and poking around some of the boxes holding my old LEGO sets I found my own copy of the inaugural issue!  The issue is marked Winter 1994 which means Winter 2014 is the 20th anniversary of this issue!  That makes me feel super old.

Over the next few posts, I plan to slowly make my way through the magazine - both in terms of reliving some of my childhood and using the magazine as a way to compare and contrast the LEGO of my childhood to the LEGO of today.

I hope that you will join me throughout the week as we make our way through the magazine - after all, there's exciting Islanders inside as well as a Pirate comic and some playful activities.

Comments

Post a Comment