Preview: LEGO Elves - 2015

A few official images have been released for the 2015 LEGO Elves lineup.  I must admit, when I first heard the LEGO Group was returning to a castle theme I was happy - but I didn't realize that the elves lineup was more akin to the Friends lineup (in other words, you better like the minidolls if you want Elves sets).

Despite my initial disappointment, I still think it's worth taking a look at the various sets - maybe the pictures will make me change my mind?

Aria's Creative Workshop:  $9.99
Is that a ruler piece on the side of the stand?  There is an awful lot of purple in this tiny little set (though I do like the bird piece).  I also spy a couple of brown carrot top pieces!

Naida's Spa Secret:  $19.99

I don't think I understand why there is purple dolphin in the jungle?  Otherwise, this is kind of a cool set.  I do think it will a popular set given how many of the purple and pink tree branch pieces there are.  I'm thinking there is some sort of play feature with waterfall but I can't be sure based on the single image.

Naida's Epic Adventure Ship:  $?
I like the sail - it could certainly be used in a variety of sets.  I also like all the light blue elements.  There appears to be a magical clam shell as well - perhaps the clam holds some treasure?


Fairan & the Crystal Hollow:  $14.99

IF this set really ends up only costing $14.99, then I think this will be the best selling of the four sets with images.  You get a bunch of the new colored tree pieces, plus a male minidoll, plus some other good accessories and a cat (I think?).  You also get a catapult and some cool looking brick built crystals.  All told, this set is chock full of cool accessories that a lot of people seem to crave.

Azari & the Magic Bakery:  $29.99

Treetop Hideaway:  $59.99

Note:  I could not find any official images for the final two sets.  All prices are based on a comment thread (plus reasonable guessing based on apparent piece count).  Nothing here should be taken as "final."

Overall:

Based on the four images that I could find, I think the Elves line is a solid addition to the Friends family of sets.  I am happy to see that LEGO is creating sets designed for girls that aren't simply "shopping, teaching, and cruise ships."  I am also happy to see a variety of new elements (or at least old elements in new colors) and I'm sure many MOC builders out there will be keeping an eye out for some of these sets simply for the parts.

The Elves line isn't for me - I don't see myself ever buying them but I am glad the line exists.  I applaud LEGO for continuing to make real efforts to include girls in the building process (and by extension, encouraging girls to join the STEM disciplines)!

Sources:
https://community.lego.com/t5/CASTLE/Elves-2015/td-p/10982567
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-elves-2015-official-images-revealed/

Comments

  1. A few official images have been released for the 2015 LEGO Elves lineup. I must admit, when I first heard the LEGO Group was returning to a ... ilegoelves.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment