Day 10: 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar (LEGO 60063)

Happy December 10th everyone.  You now have 15 days until Christmas, so get that shopping done!  Luckily for me, I'm all done with my shopping - I did much of it online this year and now I only have to wait for the final couple of things to arrive at the house.  While I wait, I might as well open Day 10 of the 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar.

Today's build is a small catapult designed to launch 1x1 round white "snow balls" at unsuspecting minifigures.  Of course, avoid shooting yourself (or others) in the eye!

The package comes with 4 of the "snow balls" though the directions only show three.  I suppose you could count the fourth as an extra piece to go along with the spare Technic pin.

Of all the builds so far, this one is the least interesting to me.  That's probably because 1)  I'm an adult and this is clearly a play feature only and 2)  the base isn't big enough, nor stable enough for my meat-hook hands to actually be able to launch snowballs without upsetting the entire catapult.  Put this same contraption on a 4x4 white plate and I'm a lot happier!

The LEGO City is growing by the day!

I will say that most (if not all) of the Advent pieces and figures will probably make their way into next year's Winter MOC.  I'm actually hoping to create a full-fledged winter scene next year...I just need to acquire some large white (or maybe grey) base plates before then!

Comments