Day 12: 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar (LEGO 60063)

As of today, we are now halfway through the 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar!  It's hard to believe that Christmas is only two weeks off...but I guess I should believe it since today was the final day of final exams (and I have all my finals graded and grades posted already)!

Let's keep the good times rollin' with today's minibuild.  Today's plastic bag contained 14 different pieces but they were almost all really, really tiny!  The build itself had two parts - first a remote control (using the classic walkie-talkie plus a control stick and a trans blue light piece).  Next, a remote control duck (?)...  I think the duck is a nod to the old pull-along ducks that LEGO used to create back in the day...though I don't believe any of those were remote controlled!

Today's bag of parts contained four extra pieces including a black cheese slope, a 1x1 red round stud, a control stick, and a trans blue "light" piece.

As for the LEGO City, I guess the idea is that the remote control duck can drive along the iced over pond where the girl is ice skating.  Now if only I could get the young boy to finally mail his letters so that there is someone to play with the duck!

Comments