Day 16: 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar (LEGO 60063)

Today is my younger brother's birthday so I'd be remiss if I didn't start off the post with a big 'ol "Happy Birthday" to the guy who bought me my 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar!  Perhaps the LEGO Company knew it was my brother's birthday because today's build is one of the larger builds in quite some time.

That's 12 pieces waiting to be assembled into a brand new snowmobile for our intrepid singing cop who's always on duty in LEGO City.

While I do appreciate getting more pieces for a single build, it should be noted that you stick a pair of 1x4 plates side by side...and LEGO could easily have given us a pair of 2x4 white plates instead.  In fact, having the larger 2x4 plates would have made the entire snowmobile a bit more sturdy.

I do like the police lights on the side...but isn't the steering wheel just a bit too big for the scale of the build?!

I think the robber chose the wrong sled, what about you?

Comments