Day 19: 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar (LEGO 60063)

For the most part, the 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar features builds that all belong "outside" in a scene.  The one real exception to date was the window display...but the window itself was designed to be looked out from "outside."  Today, that all changed.

If you can't tell from the plastic bag of parts, today's build was a table complete with a roast turkey (with 2 removable turkey legs), a pair of wine glasses, and a bottle of wine.  There is no way that table (and meal) was designed to be enjoyed outside - which makes it tough to fit the table into the play scene included with the box!

Despite the fact that it's an indoor build, I must say that today's piece selection is probably one of my favorites to date!  I love the big 'ol turkey - and it's not easy to find the turkeys in LEGO sets these days!  I also love getting more glasses - and the green wine bottle is equally nice.  All things considered, I'd say today's build was one of the best of the calendar!

I also would say that the dog has decided his bone in his dish doesn't look quite as good as what the "people" are having...

Comments