Minifigure Museum: Medusa (Series 10)



Medusa:  Series 10 LEGO Minifigure

I've always loved Greek mythology so when I learned that LEGO was creating a Medusa figure I was instantly intrigued.  Happily for me, the actual Medusa collectible minifigure is even better than I could have imaged!

A quick look at the entire checklist for the Series 10 LEGO Collectible Minifigures will show you why the Medusa character is highly sought after - it's one of the best minifigs in the entire set (probably alongside the Bumblebee Girl which is a figure that I currently don't own - at least as of the time I wrote this post)!

Turning our attention back to Medusa.  Legend has it that if you look at her you turn to stone - so Medusa comes equipped with two faces.

The first is a slightly ornery look, perhaps someone is ignoring her at the moment.

And then, when that person turns to look at her?  A super pissed off face turning that person to stone.

Yikes!

The minifigure itself doesn't come with any accessories - but with the long, snake-like tail plus the hair piece (soft rubbery plastic) that looks like a bunch of snakes, I would say the figure feels complete as it is!

By my count, Medusa's hair piece has eight different snakes in it (you can see five faces from the front plus an addition three snake heads from the back).  It's a nice mold for sure - though I don't think it has a lot of uses outside of Medusa (although perhaps Series 13's Snake Charmer could somehow be used with Medusa's hair piece)?

All told, I love this minifigure!  As I noted already, it might not be the most useful figure for various MOCs or other layouts - but the sheer novelty of the figure is worth it for me.  Plus, I love Greek mythology so this figure happily joins the Minotaur and the Cyclops (male and female) in my collection!

Comments