Minifigure Museum: Gladiator (Series 5)



Gladiator:  LEGO Series 5 Minifigure
The Gladiator is a Series 5 minifigure that comes with a helmet, shield, and sword.

I am always a sucker for historically based minifigures so the Gladiator is right up my alley.  Even better, I've actually been to Rome (and the Colosseum) once before - so the Gladiator is even cooler to me than it might otherwise have been!

The gladiator comes with a gold helmet (used by the murmillo class of gladiator according to my research (wikipedia)).  The helmet has lots of small, circular openings in it - it's an odd design for sure!  The gladiator also has a small sword and a plain shield - neither are anything special...clearly the helmet is the main draw of the minifigure!

As for printing, the gladiator has a lot of nice printing on his front (both torso and legs).  He also has some gold armor printing on his right arm (but not his left arm).  There is no printing on the back of the figure however.

Overall, I like the Gladiator quite a bit - though I will admit that I don't see a lot of uses for the helmet pieces outside of a ancient Roman scene.  Even so, I actually like it when LEGO makes some specialized pieces for the Collectible Minifigure line!

Comments