The Next Step for My Custom LEGO City!

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself in Target and purchased a giant 48x48 gray base plate.

Why would I need such a monstrosity of a base plate?  Easy, for my next LEGO City custom building.  Actually, in this case it's going to be a collection of custom buildings.  In order to start creating my vision, I had to then make a big order with Brick Link, my second such large order of bricks this year!

What can I say, creating custom buildings is a lot of fun!

Can you tell from the above bag what I have in store?

My current plan is to create a two-tiered City block - with the upper portion consisting of a passenger train station (which will also necessitate putting up a raised train track loop for my passenger train!  The portion of the block below the train station will consist of a number of relatively small shops.  Right now, I know I definitely want to put in an ice cream shop and a bookstore, I've already started a few small bits for both.  I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with the remaining space, I need to see exactly how much room I have after I finish the first couple of buildings.  I might go for some sort of clothing shop or something like that...or else maybe I'll figure out something more creative!

Stay tuned, hopefully I'll have some pictures (and/or video) of my progress before too long!

Comments

  1. I picked up one of these not long ago from a Lego Store. Had to fly it home. Hard to come by in local Targets down here...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment