2016 LEGO City Advent Calendar (60133): Final Builds!

It's hard to believe that it is Christmas Eve 2016 already!  I don't know what happened to the month of December...it flew by as usual I guess.  No matter, I'm back with one last look at this year's LEGO City Advent Calendar - and we begin with the overview.

The last few builds had us construct a Christmas tree (that was quite small)...too small in fact for all the presents that came with the calendar.

I do like the simple build of the tree - the offset green slopes do, in fact, nicely mimic a tree.

After the tree, the next two days had you construct Santa's sleigh...which this year is being pulled by a husky (don't ask).

I like the small dog "feeding" station that you get as well - and yes, you do get an extra bone piece (not shown).

And finally, just in time for Christmas - the final door yielded Santa Claus!

While it's not surprise that you end with a Santa figure, this one did come with a red mug which was a bit of a surprise (though I guess it shouldn't have been because doesn't every City set have at least on mug in it these days)?

I must say, overall I very much enjoyed the Advent Calendar.  I ended up with a bunch of little "bits" that will end up in next year's Christmas Village.  I also got some things that will find their way to my big City layout (non-Christmas themed).

Until next year, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas...and to all a good night!

Comments