Custom LEGO MOC: Grocery Store w/ Upstairs Bachelor Pad!

Over the past year or so, I have started to dabble in building custom buildings (and other things) for my growing LEGO City.  I'm definitely not the world's best LEGO creator (at least not yet) but I am getting to the point where I'm happy with the finished outcomes.  Case in point?  My latest creation is a custom LEGO grocery store with an upstairs apartment.  This was my first attempt at creating a building that would "fit in" with the official LEGO Modular buildings.  Eventually, my LEGO city will be populated by all of the modulars that I own...but I wanted to add in a bunch of my own buildings as well.  The grocery store is the first such building that I've built that stands a chance to be nestled among some of the LEGO Company's finest creations.

In order to get a better sense of the building, I put together a short video tour.   Enjoy!

As for the future:  Right now I have about three more weeks of summer vacation before I head back to work.  It is my hope to maybe get one more large building built.  I'm not sure if that will be possible or not (it will probably depend on whether or not I have to place another Bricklink order).  Otherwise, I still hope to redo my current LEGO City layout and add in the extra tables that I bought late last year.  I also have a few more sets to build that I would like to do a review for, including at least one or two of the new(ish) City sets...one of which I plan to immediately take a part a raid for pieces for my next big building idea!

So much to do, so little time.  Stay tuned for more, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comments