My First Kickstarter...

Like many of you, I was well aware of the website called Kickstarter.  As someone who likes to play board games, I know of plenty of games that got their start on the website.  However, while I did play attention to the site at times, I never actually contributed anything (or "backed" any project in Kickstarter terms).  That is, I never did until this month.

You see, I finally found a Kickstarter idea that I thought was cool enough and different enough to be worth backing.  And that idea is actually LEGO related, rather than board game related.  


That's right, lights without wires.  Pretty cool, huh?

As my loyal readers know, I am working on my own custom LEGO city - and I think having some wireless lights within the city will definitely make things that much more amazing.  The kickstarter project itself is now fully funded which means it should be a go.  According to the page, the actual lights will be shipped out sometime in December of this year, just in time for my Winter Village set-up if all goes well!  
Image taken from the i-Brix Kickstarter page.

I'm hoping that this Kickstarter experience is a good one - and perhaps if it is I'll consider more projects on the website in the future.  For now though, all I can do is sit back and wait for my lights to arrive before I can start playing around with them to see what all exactly I will be able to do with them.  

Comments

  1. Kickstarter can be a lot of fun, but most projects miss their deadlines. I don't think I've had the misfortune of having a Kickstarter fail to deliver eventually, but most have delays and there are a few that went months and months past their expected timelines. For reference, I've backed 23 different projects since 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment