Improving the Blog (and Whittling Down My Want List)

Over the past couple of months, I have made some nice gains in terms of my LEGO Collectible Minifigure want list.  And for all my readers, I have also (I hope) made some nice gains in terms of my blog post presentation from here on out.

Before I get to some of the newest LEGO Collectible minifigures to join my collection, I want to show off something else:

That's my new "light box" which should allow me to take much better photographs of my LEGO figures (and sets).  I am looking forward to doing more reviews (and hopefully better reviews) now that I have the nice set-up.  It is my hope that I will be able to make my blog a bit more professional looking (in terms of blog posts) thanks to the new camera set-up.

Since I did just get the light box, I figured that it was high time to practice with it...and what better way to practice than by showing off three new collectible minifigures?!

I landed all three of the figures from a single Bricklinks order.  Two of the minifigs are from the Series 14 set which consisted of the Halloween costumes and other related minifigs.

When I first saw Series 14's sell sheet, I decided that I wasn't going to chase after the set.  However, a couple of years later I felt the urge to try and complete ALL of the "regular issue" Collectible Minifigure sets of which the monsters fell into.  Thus, I've been diligently tracking down the various figures from the series ever since...and now I can cross two more off of my want list.

First up, the Monster Scientist.

The Monster Scientist was one of the few figures from Series 14 that I originally thought I may eventually track down (the others being the Plant Monster, the Gargoyle, and the Skeleton Guy).  What I didn't realize about the Monster Scientist figure was that his "head" piece is actually more like a weird hat...and underneath the oversized head is a rather normal looking old man!

The other figure from Series 14 that I bought was the Wacky Witch.

This figure is perfectly nice, but LEGO had already released a witch in a different series (which I own) and so I didn't feel the need to have another witch in my collection.  However, any completionist will tell you that since this is a different figure from a different set, I needed to eventually own this one too!

I do like getting the black cat figure, even if I'm not a cat guy seeing as how I'm mildly allergic to cats.

The final minifigure that I bought from the Bricklink seller was probably the most boring figure (and yet, most exciting purchase).  The figure in question is the Jewel Thief from Series 15.

Now, I have way more robbers (and cops) from the basic City sets than I know what to do with...and so I most definitely did not need yet another robber in a collectible minifigure set.  In fact, I was so uninterested in this figure that I never bothered to track it down...and only when I got down to needing just this figure did I buy it.  That's right, the Jewel Thief was the last figure I needed to complete Series 15 (which is super exciting).

By my count, I have now completed ?? sets.  Those include:  Series 5, 7, 8, 15, 16, 17, along with the Disney series and the LEGO Batman Movie series.  Of the remaining series, six of them are down to me needing four or fewer minifigures before they too will be complete.

I'm definitely pleased with my progress...and with my new light box!  I hope to have even more LEGO related content on the blog soon (and hopefully some more minifigures as well)!

Comments

  1. I believe you have the same light box (and lights) that I have been using for some time now. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment