More Custom LEGO: Custom Train Car #2 (Octan Oil Tanker)

About a week ago, I showed off my first custom LEGO train car for my city.  That car was actually built a long time ago (probably well over two years ago now).  However, thanks to a fairly recent eBay purchase of another LEGO train, I've gone back to focus on my trains, and more specifically, adding more train cars to my trains.

For my next train car, I did get to use a little bit more sophisticated building techniques.  In fact, one of my techniques might even be considered "illegal" by LEGO standards, though perhaps not.  I guess I'll let you decide as you watch the video and I show you how I did it.

It feels good to have my train gain in length - and in variety of cargo cars!  Hopefully, as I continue to play around with different LEGO techniques (and grow my piece collection) I'll continue to evolve into a better and better LEGO designer.  However, I'm not mad or disappointed with what I've managed to accomplish today, at least for now.


I have a lot of other ideas and plans for my city...the hardest part is finding the time to actually work on it.  Still, I think it's fairly safe to say that I'll have more updates soon - including, hopefully, major improvements to the amusement park area of the city.

Comments

  1. Like it. I purchased the tanker set for this specific customer train car. With my own little tweaks. Thanks for the vid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment