Birthday Presents: Blind Packs!

My birthday was last week and I must say, I hit the LEGO jackpot this year.  My biggest gift was the brand new Carousal set (which is amazing).  However, I also got a few smaller items including a pair of minifigure packs from the LEGO Ninjago Movie series.

I don't actually have any interest in the Ninjago line in general (I didn't see the movie) but I have bought a couple of the Ninjago Movie sets.  I also bought the Sushi chef minifigure already (from Bricklink) because I wanted that figure for my custom grocery store.  Thus, as long as neither of my two birthday packs held the Sushi Guy, this would be a win for me.

Looking at the checklist, I have to say there are a lot of really weird figures to find.  In fact, I would wager that I wouldn't have much use for well over half of the figures (though some of them have some nice accessories which I could use).  Still, I won't ever complain about getting free LEGO figures...and there are a few figures which I'd definitely like to acquire some day even if I don't go for the entire set.  For example, #s 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 18 could all be worked into my custom LEGO City.  I'm also interested in the head piece for #12, 13, 20, and also 14 I think.  So yeah, there are plenty of good figures available.

So what'd I get?

Pack 1:

I believe the main bad guy is Garmadon (or something like that) and I think this is his most evil version (I'm only guessing based on the fact that he's pretty much all black here).  I'll be honest in that this figure was probably one of, if not the, least wanted figures by me in the entire set.  I don't see much use for him in my custom city - though that spear point piece is certainly unique to my collection (and I could probably do something neat with it at some point).

How about the second pack?

Pack 2:

That's more like it.  This guy is definitely going to be worked into my custom City.  Probably he'll be somewhere taking a selfie where he really shouldn't be...maybe an alligator or something will be sneaking up on him.  No matter, this figure is quite nice - and that scarf piece is a great new addition for my collection as well.

The second blind pack saved the day here - but since both packs were gifts I truly can't complain at all.  In fact, I had a blast ripping the two packs (and assembling the minifigs). 

Comments

Post a Comment