My Custom LEGO City: Working on my next custom building

It's been quite awhile since I was able to put aside enough time to build another custom building for my LEGO city layout.  Luckily, this past weekend I was able to carve out some time for building and I decided to start another large build on a 32x32 base plate. 

My current idea is to have two buildings side-by-side on the base plate.  On the left, there will be a three story LEGO Store complete with a VIP lounge on the top floor.  On the right, I am currently thinking that I'm going to put a pizza shop with some outdoor seating but that's subject to change still.

On Saturday, I was able to get the ground floor done for the LEGO store side of the build.  I haven't yet filled in most of the interior but rest assured I will flesh out the interior before all is said and done.  I have a bunch of LEGO stickers representing various LEGO sets which I plan to place on the built in shelves on the first floor.  I'll also need a cashier and I think I'm going to put a little custom train layout display on the first floor as well.

Earlier today, I was able to do most of the second floor including the large pick-a-brick wall.  As with the first floor, for the most part I haven't fleshed out the interior space of the second floor either but it'll be more retail space complete with more sets on the shelves.  I also need to figure out what I want displayed in the front windows on both floors but that will happen in due time! 
Next up, I need to frame up and build the third story and then the roof.  I'm almost completely out of useful yellow and white bricks so I don't actually know if I have enough bricks to fully build a third floor or not!  After I get that done, then it'll be time to build up the interiors of each floor before moving on to the building on the other side of the base plate. 

As always, I'm interested in your take on what I've gotten done so far.  Good, bad, or simply ideas or suggestions are all welcome!

Comments

Post a Comment