New LEGO Modular Revealed - LEGO 10270: Bookshop

I woke up this morning and my LEGO social media accounts were all abuzz about the newest revealed modular building:  LEGO 10270:  Bookshop.

My initial thoughts based on the above image (courtesy of the Brothers Brick):

  1. Since it's two separate buildings, I love that each is on its own smaller base plate (much like the Pet Shop set from a number of years ago).  Being able to mix and match smaller building footprints is important when you have your own LEGO table (and corresponding space limitations)!
  2. The Birch Books store looks absolutely amazing from the outside.
  3. That birch tree out front is probably one of the best trees I've seen LEGO do for a modular set.
  4. The blue apartment building is nice, but it feels too small.  I think it should have had a third story.
  5. Based on a quick glance at some other photos, it appears the insides of both buildings are fairly sparse in terms of decorations, tiling, etc.
As usual, this set comes out at the beginning of the next calendar year which means you won't be finding it under your Christmas tree this year.  That said, it is a really nice set and I like the return to the more classical/European architectural styles for the modular sets as opposed to the more recent American styled diner and gas station.

Now...to find room for this set on my current LEGO city table!

Comments