The Kitchen Mantle - #01: There's a Mammoth Around Here Somewhere!

Last Christmas season, I put up my yearly LEGO Winter Village display on the mantle in our kitchen (the mantle is above our gas fireplace).  My son loved checking out the village every day and he actually cried the day he came downstairs and found the village put away for the season.  Of course, I don't want to see my son upset and I enjoy having LEGO displayed so I decided to try something new for the mantle for the entire year.

My goal is to put together a LEGO scene for my son to enjoy and then change up the scene every few weeks.  Sometimes the scenes will be fairly elaborate, other times they will probably be quite simple. 

For the first scene, I went with a surefire winner since my son also currently loves mammoths for reasons that I can't fully explain.  No matter though, as luck would have it I do have a LEGO mammoth.  In fact, this display is mostly just the people, trucks (and mammoth) from that one LEGO set though I did augment that with a couple of other sets plus a small mountain that I built freehand. 

For my money, the best part of this layout is the yeti in the mountain cave.

I'm thinking about doing something with my old classic space sets for his next display - hopefully I can get that up sometime within the next week or so!

Comments

  1. That is so awesome! I don't have a mantle... but if I did, I'd probably do something like this. I have to settle for a pair of Lego Architecture sets on display in my family room on my LP shelves... and a bookshelf dedicated to my SW Legos in my office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My main display is in my basement but it's been a lot of fun using the mantle for a rotating display. My son gets to see it all while he eats (and he constantly wants to go play with whatever is up there). It's good fun :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment