The Calm Before the Storm? Custom LEGO Layout Update

With the warmer weather finally making its way to my area, I haven't been doing as much with my LEGO as I had during the cold winter months.  That all said, I do have a major project in the works for my custom LEGO City table so I figured now would be a good time to do a "before" post.  Hopefully I'll have an "after" post to show off prior to the end of 2020!

My current LEGO City layout consists of two levels.  At the back of the table, the upper level is all modular buildings while below it runs a bunch of train track.  The rest of the table is a big circle and all one level.

On the one side of the table, I have my amusement park complete with Ferris Wheel, Roller Coaster, Merry-Go-Round, and Mixer rides.  

On the other side of the table, I have more modular buildings (plus some of my own creations).  There's also a pair of distinct train tracks that circle the entire table.  The outer loop is the newer plastic track with Power Functions motors while the inner loop is the old metal 9V track.  I've got three Power Function trains and two 9V trains on the tracks but I can really only run one of each at the same time without worrying about one train crashing into another on the same loop!

My next project for my table is going to consist of me emptying the entire layout and redoing everything.  I bought a couple more boards so I'd like to have more of the table be two-tiered.  I also want to make a bit more space for the amusement park (I have a couple of non-motorized Creator rides that I'd like to include).  I also need to figure out where next year's new modular building will go...hard to believe that I'm already mostly out of space!  

I'm thinking that I need to start building my sets more upward rather than outward...plenty of vertical room yet in the room!  

Whenever I do get around to redoing my table layout, I'll be sure to post the final results here to the blog.  For now though, thanks for checking out what I've already done!

Comments

  1. Wow. You have a really cool setup. Can't wait to see what the new layout looks like. I've been super lazy in regards to Lego lately. I have a bunch of sets that need to be built, but just haven't found the motivation to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, motivation has been lacking for me as well...especially with regard to LEGO. Probably because I haven't been going to the store and just looking at the LEGO aisle to see if anything piques my interest in the moment. I've all but finished off building all my "rainy day" sets over the past several months of quarantine.

      Delete
    2. The last time I was at Target (maybe a month ago), the Lego aisle was pretty sparse. But I placed an order on their website back when they had their May 4th promo. I can't wait until The Razor Crest arrives. That might be my next build.

      Delete
  2. Impressive!! I love the amusement park! So tell us, how DO you dust them???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment