Hitting Up eBay for Some New (to Me) Collectible Minifigures

 Earlier this month, I decided to take a quick gander at eBay in the hopes of finding one (or more) Collectible LEGO Minifigures that I needed for some of the many, many sets that I'm trying to complete.  One of my standard searches over the past several weeks has been to look for the Series 6 Roman Soldier.  For whatever reason, that particular minifig goes for crazy expensive prices compared to most in the set...and of course, it's one of two minifigs from Series 6 that I still need (the other being the Clockwork Robot).

As luck would have it though, I did find a seller with the Roman Soldier listed and while it wasn't cheap it was about as good of a price as I had seen lately so I pounced.


And now, I'm the proud owner of the Roman Soldier!  I have to admit, this is definitely a cool little minifig and I'm super happy to be able to add it to my collection.  It's even more special to me since I have a particular affinity for Italy and Greece (and Rome in particular in Italy) thanks to my History of Math travel class that I teach!

I think the Roman Soldier ended up going for a bit less than sometimes simply because the seller listed it with a second figure - the Series 6 Highland Battler.  


I already owned the Highland Battler so I've put it up for trade on my Swapfig page, though that poor website doesn't seem to have nearly the traffic that it used to which is a shame!  I love their checklist feature and how easy they make it for me to keep track of what I own, need, and have available for trading purposes!

Finally, like any good eBayer, I checked out the seller's other auctions since he promised combined shipping.  As luck would have it, he did have one more minfigure that I needed - this time from Series 4.


That's the Muskateer and by acquiring him I'm now only missing one more from Series 4 as well (the Viking).  

Speaking of missing minifigs, if you want to take a look at the entire list of what I'm still hunting for, you can find my want list here.  Obviously, I'm happy to chip away slowly at the list...after all, half of the fun is the hunt - that's why I don't buy complete series to begin with!  I do wish there was a more active place to trade minifigures though, that'd help me out quite a bit since I do have a number of extras from older series that I'd like to try and flip into older minfigs that I still need.  

For now though, I'll be content with the two new additions (though I have a third new minifigure that should be on its way to me by now - I'll be sure to show that one off as well once it arrives).

Comments

  1. Congratulations on landing a pair of new minifigs. The Muskateer is pretty cool. I don't think I've ever opened one of these blind bag packs, but I was tempted to buy a case of Harry Potter (or was it DC?) ones a while back, because someone was selling it cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find a case for cheap! I stayed away from the Harry Potter (never got into that) but the regular minifigure series I would be all over a nice case for cheap!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment