The Kitchen Mantle #09: All Dressed for Halloween!

Somehow, it's the middle of November and I still haven't found time to write about October's kitchen mantle set-up that I did for my son (you can see the September set-up in an earlier post in case you missed that).  For those that don't know the story behind this particular series on the blog, my son is now a two-and-a-half year old who absolutely loves LEGO (wonder where he got that from)?  Anyhow, each month I rotate out sets on our kitchen mantle which gives him a new display to look at (and play with) for that particular month.  Last month was October so the theme was kind of predictable!


I had a rather large collection of the LEGO Scooby Doo sets that were released back in 2015.  In total, the line consisted of five different sets - and you can see four of the five sets made it into last month's mantle display.  For those that might be wondering, only the smallest set in the line "Mummy Museum Mystery" didn't make it onto the mantle (I do own that set but instead I went with the more thematic graveyard set from the more recent Hidden Side line of sets).


Each of the sets in this particular display were definitely designed for play - and I assure you, my son loved playing with all of the sets!  


I have to give an extra shoutout or special mention to the Hidden Side graveyard set - this one probably ended up being my son's favorite set of all, in particular, the haunted tree!  


Overall, this was a fun display for the month of October - and with the Headless Horseman and the Jack-O'-Lanterns around the Mystery Mansion, it was nice and thematic as well.  Oh, and did I mention that I made my son's Halloween costume and it was modeled after the classic red LEGO brick?


Yeah, Happy Halloween everyone...even if it is two weeks late!

Comments

  1. That mantle is cool as usual... but your son's costume is even cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't given up my LEGO blog quite yet! In fact, my son is next to me at the moment playing with some other LEGO sets.

      Delete
    2. Good to hear. My goal is to build something over the Thanksgiving Break. I'm also going back and forth on the NES set. It's so cool, but I don't know if I have the space to display it.

      Delete

Post a Comment