The Kitchen Mantle #10: Thanksgiving in the Medieval Market

For the month of November, I went with a thematic "Thanksgiving" scene using my Medieval Market sets plus a few of my old Dragon Masters castle sets from when I was a kid.  


I could be wrong, but I think this was my son's favorite kitchen mantle set-up yet (yes, even better than the Halloween set-up last month).  


The Medieval Market is one of my personal all-time favorite sets and it's definitely a set for which I hope to build some similar buildings to help expand the market!  


The highlight for my son was probably the windmill set.  I was able to grab that particular set off of eBay not all that long ago - and yes, I do own the two goats that go with the set!  


On the other half of the mantle, I set up my old Dragon Masters set - and it was the Dragon Wagon that stole the show for my son.  He loved that thing and played with it almost every single day the mantle display was up!

You may also wonder what any of this has to do with Thanksgiving...but there is a small vignette in the middle of the layout (by the windmill) with a family sitting around a table eating a roasted turkey.  I should have snapped a better photograph of that particular scene but you'll just have to trust me I guess that it's there!


Overall, this was a fun month both personally (the end of the academic semester for me) and for my son (the holidays are in full force in our household now)!  It was also super fun for me to get out some of my old LEGO sets, rebuild them, and then see the joy in my son's eyes as he discovered all there was to see in each of the classic sets.  

Next month will be a return theme - our annual LEGO Christmas village!  I think my son and I will start setting that up tomorrow as a fun father/son project.  'Tis the season, everyone!

Comments

  1. That windmill looks fantastic. Can't wait for the Christmas village. Did you pick up the elf club house? That's a cool looking set, but every time I check their website it's sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't had a chance to get the Elf Clubhouse yet either - I don't live near a LEGO store so my only hope is the online shop which is out of stock of most items right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment