2020 LEGO City Advent Calendar #60268: Days 07 - 12

 Six days ago, I showed off the first six days of the 2020 LEGO City Advent Calendar (see that post here).  Now, let's take a look at the next six days!

We begin with our lone minifigure from the past six days - Freya McCloud (according to the box).  


I guess this year's LEGO City Advent Calendar is based on some sort of TV show but I'm not familiar with it.  As such, I can only judge the "characters" in this year's calendar as the minifigures that they are, not who they are supposed to represent.  Given that, the Freya minifig is kind of confusing to me...her outfit says she's a firefighter (notice the little flame emblem on her shirt).  However, her given accessory is a police badge.  Then again, the police officer (Duke Detain) that we opened up earlier in the calendar came with a wrench rather than a police badge so really nothing makes a lot of sense to me.  At least I do like the Freya minifig on it's own...and she'll almost definitely find a spot to reside in my fire station once Christmas 2020 is over!

Next, in true Christmas spirit two of the six days contained proper Christmas stuff - a Christmas tree one day and a pair of presents the next day.  


I'm impressed with LEGO creators in that they seem to have an endless number of ways to create mini Christmas trees (not just for Advent Calendar builds but also for their Winter Village line of sets).  The presents are fine as well though they aren't really anything special.  Put together though, the tree/presents combo definitely makes the LEGO City collection feel more holiday-esque!

The last three builds of this section of the calendar were all vehicles - one for land, one for air, and one that goes on rails!  


The helicopter is a police chopper and I think it looks great at this size.  The fire truck isn't quite as successful in my eyes but my two-year-old son loved it a lot (so it counts as a win in my book)!  

The third vehicle was a train complete with a couple of train cars.  


A nice bonus here was that there were enough extra pieces to create a second small freight (passenger?) car for the train.  The minifigure roller skate piece is uses to good effect here for the train wheels and I do like the overall color scheme of the train - very festive for the season!  

Twelve days in and I'd say this year's calendar has been quite a bit of fun (for both me and my son).  Here's what it all looks like so far (note that we haven't opened up the Day 13 door yet today)!  


For those wondering, I wouldn't lump any of the most recent six minibuilds as disappointments.  The highlights (for me) have to be the helicopter and the train but the Christmas tree and presents are also a nice holiday touch.  And, as I mentioned at the top of the post, the Freya minifig is quite nice - probably my favorite of the three we've gotten in total so far!

Comments

  1. I had to skip yesterday, so I only opened the train today. I was not at all disappointed. It really is quite nice for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like the train quite a bit! My son was sad the cars didn't hook together but he liked the caboose quite a bit.

      Delete
  2. The train is cool. I think they had a train last year in the Harry Potter calendar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little roller skate pieces are perfect for mini trains!

      Delete

Post a Comment