The Kitchen Mantle #11: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

 We end the 2020 with our final kitchen mantle set-up of the year - and it's a holiday winter village full of cheer and good times for all which is a fitting follow-up to my medieval Thanksgiving village!  



I always look forward to putting together the Winter Village sets for a display - I actually have a lot more pieces and buildings that I can fit on our mantle but that simply means that I can make each year's display look a bit different. 



Heck, next year this display might even be able to be set up under the Christmas tree along with the LEGO Winter Village train.  My two-year-old son will be three by next Christmas and he might be good enough with LEGO by then that I can put the train up!  



This year, however, there was no train.  Instead, we had other interactive things up including this cute little ice skating rink (complete with moving ice skaters).  My son loved playing with the gears on this one! 



I hope everyone out there had a Merry Christmas and I wish all of you a happy (and healthy) New Year!  And with that, here's to another year's worth of upcoming LEGO mantle displays as well.  In fact, I'll probably be taking down the winter village tomorrow and putting up the theme!

Comments

  1. My entire holiday set up this year was Lego built. I didn't even have a tree... except for the Lego trees. Anyways... I hope Lego produces another sleigh with reindeer at some point, because I'd probably buy and build it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want photos!! :) Next year's display should be much larger (and not on the kitchen mantle)!

      Delete

Post a Comment