The Kitchen Mantle: Year 2, Episode 3: Thar's Pirates Ahead, Matey!

As usual for me, the month of March came and went in the blink of an eye.  Work seems to always ramp up in March and there are just enough teases of nicer weather to get me outside more...and with that, away from the computer more as compared to the cold, miserable months of January and February.  That did mean that I spent less time with my LEGO but it didn't mean that I didn't spend any time with the plastic bricks.


In fact, I did manage to build one HUGE set this month - the lovely LEGO Ideas set called Pirates of Barracuda Bay.  Coming in at just over 2500 pieces, that was a massive build (and super fun I might add)! 


My main goal in building the pirate set this month was to add a little "green" to the kitchen mantle in the shape of the palms scattered about the build.  I also was clearly sick of the cold so heading to a little slice of tropical paradise sounded pretty good to me!  


In the end, this ended up being a fun mantle display piece - one that I then augmented with a few of my Pirate sets from back when I was a kid.  As usual, my son enjoyed playing with the various sets but if I'm being honest, I think he missed the race track set-up from last month!

Now that I've shown off March's kitchen mantle set-up, I can report that I tore down the Pirate display earlier today and I started to build up April's display.  We are actually having our kitchen remodeled (the contractor is supposed to start next month) so the April display will probably stay up until the remodeling begins - and then there will be no LEGO in the dirty, dusty kitchen until all of the construction is finished up!  All that being said, I can report that April's set-up is shaping up to be full of sharp teeth and gigantic creatures!

Comments

  1. That Pirates of Barracuda Bay set looks really cool. I might have to look up a YT review to get a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're bored...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghpkmgPjyA

      This guy bought two of these sets and did a custom MOC. It's pretty darn cool.

      Delete

Post a Comment