Minifigure Museum: Lumberjack (Series 5)

I'm a big fan of the LEGO Collectible Minifigure line which is one of the reasons that I started doing these Minifigure Museum posts!  Today, we turn our attention to the first series that I've fully completed:  Series 5.  In particular, today's subject is the simply named "Lumberjack."


The Lumberjack comes with a wonderful plaid shirt complete with pocket and button printing (along with what I believe are the initials "KD").  He has a hat with a printed beaver on it and his lone accessory is an axe.  The lumberjack's pants are plain blue (no printing) but his shirt has plaid printing on both the sleeves and the back which I think is a fair trade off for the plain pants (the pants vaguely resemble blue jeans even without any printing).


The Lumberjack is joined by quite a few other "city-centric" figures in Series 5 - probably a big reason why I like (and completed) Series 5 already - so many great minifigs there!  


As for the Lumberjack figure, I think his hat is a standout piece that often gets overlooked.  I love the red and white color scheme (and, of course, the beaver print is funny for a Lumberjack).  I'm certainly not an expert on every LEGO set produced but for what I do know it doesn't seem like LEGO has reused the Lumberjack's hat in newer sets...(most LEGO ball caps seem to be a single color, I much prefer the two-colored hat of the Lumberjack).  Perhaps the reason why this hat hasn't been reused is that it doesn't have an accessory hole on the top like most modern LEGO ballcaps.


Overall, I'm a big fan of this particular minifig and it's great that he can fit into so many interesting roles on a LEGO city layout (obviously he's perfect for a wooded scene but he'd also fit in walking through town (maybe minus the axe) or serving as a customer in virtually any store or LEGO restaurant!  


With the addition of the Lumberjack to my Minifigure Museum, I've now highlighted six of the 16 minifigs in Series 5.  Hopefully, it won't be too long until I am able to show off another one of the minifigures from Series 5 - any requests?!


...and one last outdoor shot of the Lumberjack simply because it was such a beautiful day when I took these photographs!

Comments

  1. The hat is cool and this minifigure goes perfectly with that truck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment