Minifigure Museum: Ladybird Girl (Series 21)

I haven't been overly active in terms of acquiring new LEGO Collectible Minifigures lately - but that's not all bad news because it means I can use that time to post more of my older minifigs as part of my ongoing Minifigure Museum series of posts!  

Today, we go back to Series 21 - a series that was actually released in the very beginning of 2021 (Series 22 is rumored to be released at the start of 2022 so this is actually a timely post in some sense)!   I present:  The Ladybird (Ladybug) Girl.


Let's get this out of the way first - you can call this minifigure either a Ladybird or a Ladybug...or even a Ladycow I guess if you are somehow reading this now but from the 1600s (here's the Grammarist's description of the ladybug/ladybird debate:  "Ladybug and ladybird refers to the same insect, a Coccinellidae beetle. In North America, the insect is primarily referred to as a ladybug, though sometimes it is called a lady beetle. In British English, the insect is called a ladybird. In the late 1600s, it was also labeled the ladycow.").  




The Series 21 minifigure set had a lot of great minifigures in it despite the smaller-than-usual set size (only 12 minfigs total in Series 21).  You'll definitely see most (if not all) of the other minifigures in Series 21 featured in future Minifigure Museum posts since this is one of the Series that I have fully completed at the moment!


Turning our attention back to the Ladybird girl, she comes with a leaf and (printed) ladybug 1x1 round tile as her accessories plus a (soft plastic) "hat" and (hard plastic) wings.  Her torso is printed with ladybird spots and her face is double-sided.


I'm not exactly sure how many uses this particular minifigure would have in most people's LEGO displays - but I can't help but be charmed by her overall appearance (and the printed 1x1 round tile is equally adorable).  One nice thing about the way LEGO packages these figures is that you do get an extra ladybird tile - that's something that can be used in plenty of custom builds!

As a whole, I do like most of the costumed minifigures in the various Collectible Minfiigure Series and the ladybird is certainly a nice addition to the costume parade!


I'm not sure I have a ton of uses for the figure in my custom LEGO City but I'll happily include her on my LEGO minifigure shelf that's up for display!

Comments