Knocking Down the Want List!

It's been quite some time since I was able to add some old (but new-to-me) LEGO Collectible Minifigures to my personal collection.  However, about a week or so ago I happened to be looking around on eBay when I found a seller selling a pair of Series 14 minifigures that I needed.  I ended up putting in a fairly low bid and still was able to walk away from the auction victorious!  

Each of the minifigures was from the Series 14 Monsters series - easily one of my least favorite Collectible Minifigure series.  Still, I only needed three more figs before the set is complete so being able to nab two of them for cheap at once was too good to pass up!  

The first minifigure that I acquired was the Tiger Lady.


The Tiger Lady comes with a whipe, a nice hairpiece (with ears), and a tail.  I guess the print on the torso and legs is alright as well, though not terrible useful outside of someone dressed as a tiger.


The tail piece is made of a soft, flexible rubber which was a bit of a surprise to me.  I do appreciate that LEGO went all out with the stripes - front and back of torso, front and sides of legs, the tail, and both arms have stripe prints!

The other minifigure that I was able to acquire was actually one of my favorites when I first saw the Series 14 checklist - the Spider Lady.


She's got a sweet clear plastic cape with printed "spiderwebs" on it along with a humorously large red spider accessory.  There's even a spider web printed on her hair piece (and notice that the face is all white here giving her a vampire-esque appearance).


The back of the Spider Lady has no printing at all but that's alright given that the cape basically covers the back of the minifigure anyhow.  


Overall, it was a pleasant surprise to land two needed minifigures from the same seller at below retail pricing!  At this point, I'm down to needing only the Wolf Guy before I'll be able to call this particular set complete!

In fact, from Series 3 through Series 14, I'm nearly done with all of the various sets - here's all that I am still missing from the bunch of sets:

Series 3 (need 2/16):
Hula Dancer
Samurai Warrior

Series 4 (need 1/16):
Viking

Series 6 (need 1/16):
Clockwork Robot

Series 9 (need 4/16):
Chicken Suit Guy
Plumber
Roller Derby Girl
Waiter

Series 10 (need 3/17):
Bumblebee Girl
Revolutionary Soldier
Mr. Gold

Series 11 (need 2/16):
Saxophone Player
Barbarian

Lego Movie (need 2/16):
William Shakespeare
Velma Staplebot

Series 12 (need 1/16):
Hun Warrior

Series 14 (need 1/16):
Wolf Guy

Yep, nearly down with a ton of them (and those between Series 3 and Series 14 that you don't see are already completed)!

Comments

  1. The Spider Lady figure is pretty cool. I like the clear cape.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment