Winter Village 2021!

This past summer, my wife and I had our kitchen and adjoining room remodeled.  One of the perks of the remodel is that we got a new window in the room we refer to as my wife's office (it's really more of an extension of the playroom for my son).  Part of that remodel was a new window for the room, complete with a nice wide windowsill area - an area that I quickly commandeered for my LEGO Winter Village!


As you can see, the area was just wide enough for me to run a full oval train track for my holiday train.  This year, my son got to operate the train using the remote and he had a blast!  You might also see out our window and realize that I took these photos back in the fall...I started setting up the Winter Village on November 1!


Most of the Winter Village set-up is "official" LEGO sets including this Winter Cottage set that was released a number of years ago.  You can also see the newer Santa's Visit cottage behind the big Christmas tree - that was one of the new builds that I was able to add to this past year's Winter Village set-up!


On the other side of the village, you can see part of the Winter Village market set (mostly the carousal) along with Santa's Sleigh on the window itself.  I was able to add in the Elf Clubhouse set in December but I didn't get a photo of that prior to tearing the entire set-up down after the holidays.


Finally, here's the best look I have for the main custom portion of the set-up - my custom town square complete with shops, a ticket station, a small place for the band to play, and a pond for ice skating and hockey playing!  

Overall, this ended up being a perfect spot for the LEGO Winter Village...and my son loved it so much that my wife has agreed to let me set up something new for the month of January (if I think of it, I'll try to take some photos of that as well and post about it at a later date)!  

Comments

  1. Awesome display! I'm actually more jealous of the display space... than I am of the actual sets. I wish I had more room to display the sets I build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see how long the wife lets me keep displaying stuff here! For now, it's perfect though as my son can reach it all and play with it to his heart's content. Such fun to watch!

      Delete

Post a Comment