Dining Display: This Town's Electric!

After a pair of wintry themed LEGO displays, it was time to move on to something a little more sunny and cheerful to help us get through the last few weeks of winter.  As such, I decided to build my son an "electric town" for him to play with in our dining display for the past month or so.


The town's main feature is the huge wind turbine (which has battery-operated blades that actually spin).  That's an official LEGO kit and I have to say, the sheer size of the thing is a sight to behold!  In fact, it was nearly impossible to get both the giant turbine and the rest of the town in the same photograph!


The windmill is even branded as a Vestas, though my brother-in-law (who actually works on wind turbines for a living) tells me that Vestas windmills are prone to catching on fire.  No idea if that's actually true but I do think of that every time I look at this set ever since he told me that little tidbit!

Turning our attention to the rest of the town, you can see a nice "main street" running the length of the town.

The house on the far left is the one I reviewed earlier this year (see here).  The included road plates from that set (which are used for the family's hockey game) are able to connect seamlessly to the other road plates that I already owned making for a great, cohesive look.


The Octan gas station on the far right of the street also has an electric refueling station.  My son loved using the included string to fill up vehicles with "electric gas" as he called it.  Too cute if you ask this proud papa.


Overall, this particular display had everything that a three-year-old could ask for.  Motorized windmill (with working lights at the base), plus plenty of buildings and cars to drive around.  He had a total blast with this entire set-up...and it means my next set-up is going to have to be something rather special if it is to compete with the Electric Town! 

Stay tuned to the blog to find out if I am able to duplicate the magic with a completely different bunch of sets.  Time will tell, I guess...well, that and my toddler will tell me because toddlers are brutally honest about almost everything!

Comments

  1. That turbine is huge! Love the town. I'm off to see if I can find a review on the doughnut shop on YouTube. It looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doughnut shop was part of a larger set - LEGO City Donut Shop Opening #60233. Definitely a great set for kids - my son loves all the trucks (and buildings) from that particular set.

      Delete

Post a Comment