My Custom Jurassic Park: The Welcome Center!

Over the past few weeks, my son and I have been working on my first large MOC building that I've done in quite some time - a visitor center for our Jurassic Park that we plan to build on our LEGO table.  The Visitor's Center is nowhere near done yet - in fact, we ran out of a bunch of pieces and I'm waiting on some parts to arrive in the mail!  That said, I thought it'd be fun to show off what we have managed to do so far - and who knows, it all might get changed around by the time the final product is ready to show off!

The top-down view of the Visitor's Center looks like this:


In the large room in the front (the tiled room), we have our main attraction (the T-Rex skeleton) as well as a few other displays (there's a Triceratops head skeleton, a display case holding some bones, and even the famous mosquito in amber)!  The back room is where the science happens - it's closed off to the public but there are large viewing windows that people can look through to see the scientists at work.  Eventually, there will be some newborn baby dinosaurs frolicking in the back of the building as well!  The stairs on the side of the building will lead to the second floor which will for sure hold the monorail loading station and probably something else (cafe?  park security?  something else?).  


From the front of the building, you are greeted by a pair of double doors with dino bones for handles.  I tried to make the building nice and bright with lots of windows (this will be more important once I have a roof on top of the entire building).  I do kind of wish I had a better sign (mostly a bigger sign) for the museum but I'm trying to limit myself to using only 100% LEGO parts (and that includes stickers) so for now this will have to do!


I haven't done a ton of interior detailing yet but I did make the entrance to the scientist's lab have a keypad entry - can't let the public accidently get involved with the making of dinos (plus you gotta keep that secret tech safe from prying eyes)!


My hope is to 1) finish the building sooner rather than later and 2) do a full video review of the building for everyone once the structure is completed.  I may end up doing two videos since the first floor of the building will have to be placed on my table prior to me being able to do much work on the second floor (the building will need to work in the monorail track as part of the station and at that point I won't be able to move the building any more)!

That's it for now though if you have any ideas of things I could add (or other ideas for what to put on the second floor of the building), feel free to leave a comment below!  

Comments

  1. Looks awesome! I really like the angled glass walls and the giant T-rex display. But it's the little touches (bones display case & the egg incubator thing) that make this MOC extra special. Can't wait to see the finished park.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment