LEGO Collectible Minifigures: Series 20 is Now Complete!

The LEGO Collectible Minifigure line is a favorite of mine - I mean, where else can you get a space figure, a castle figure, and a crazy costumed figure all in one set?!  Unfortunately, I didn't start actively collecting the Collectible Minifigure line until somewhere around Series 6 or 7 so I still need a ton of minifigures from the early series.  However, since that time I have tried to collect the full set of the main collectible minifigure line (I've ignored many of the "spin-off" sets, however).  

That brings us to one of the more recent sets - Series 20.  Heading into today's pack rips, I'm still missing seven minifigs from the checklist.  Can I finish Series 20 with today's batch of packs?  Let's find out together!


Sea Rescuer


An adorable minifigure with a sea turtle and a bit of a plant stem.  I love that LEGO included a transparent stand for the minifigure to make it look like the sea rescuer is actually swimming.  

Pyjama Girl


That spelling is weird but it's what Swapfig uses so I'm going with it.  Not a lot to say about this figure - the little girl has a nice hair piece and stuffed bunny but this isn't one of the more exciting minifigures in Series 20.  That said, it was one that I needed prior to now so I'll take it!

Breakdancer


Another minifigure with the transparent stand, this time used to make the minifig look like she's dancing.  The hair/hat piece is all one single mold - it's definitely the highlight of the minifig for me (though I also like the boom box).  If I grew up in the 80s rather than 90s I could see this being an instant favorite figure...as it was, I was only eight years old by the time the calendar flipped over to the year 1990 so 80's breakdancing was a bit before my time.

Athlete


LEGO has a long history of doing athletic minifigures in the various collectible minifigure series.  For what it's worth, I think this is one of the better athletes we've gotten over the years - Olympic medal, a couple of accessories, and a double-sided face.  Can't ask for much more than that!

80s Musician


More 80s love, this time a hair metal guy (?) with a keytar (?).  I dunno man, the 80s were a weird, wild time.  That said, I'll never turn down more LEGO instruments for my minifigs.

Viking


What an awesome little fella this guy is!  A full cape (soft cloth) a shield, and a sweet new spear design (new to me, anyhow).  Love this one!

Pinata Boy


Finally, we end with the last of the Series 20 minifigures that I needed - the Pinata boy with his pinata.  I love the colors on this one and the sombrero is especially nice (it's even got a bit of printing on it).  

There you have it - the final seven minifigures that I needed for Series 20!  I love that I'm able to knock another full Series off of my LEGO want list.  With this series now complete, here's the list of what I've managed to collect in full thus far:
  • Series 5
  • Series 7
  • Series 8
  • Series 13
  • Series 15 
  • Series 16 
  • Series 17 
  • Series 18
  • Series 19
  • Series 20
  • Series 21
  • Disney (Series 1)
  • LEGO Batman Movie (Series 1)
As you can see, I've done well on most of the newer stuff but I've got quite a bit of work to do on many of the earlier series!
Series 20 is now complete!


Comments

  1. The breakdancer is my favorite. It reminds me of one of the PE teachers at my school who teaches a hip hop dance elective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! As someone who can't dance to this day, maybe I should have taken an elective like that back when I was young.

      Delete
  2. Glad you managed to complete your S20 collection! Both "pyjamas" and "pajamas" are correct, but the latter is American English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, I guess I don't think about the spelling of pajama much since I'm lazy and shorten the word to "pj"...

      Delete

Post a Comment