More from my Custom LEGO Jurassic Park!

Last month, I showed off what I thought was my finished form of my LEGO Jurassic Park Welcome Center and Museum.  After placing the building how I had planned to on my LEGO table, it was quickly apparent to me that I didn't like that the front of the building was facing towards the middle of my table rather than facing outwards (where most people would see it)!  

Unfortunately, the easy option of turning the building 180 degrees didn't quite work as I'd hoped since the building wasn't fully symmetric - the right side of the building was where I built a staircase with the idea of that staircase leading to a monorail station.


After moving the Welcome Center around, I ended up deciding on a new course of action that I think will be even better - a full rooftop garden / eating area / observation deck leading to a monorail station on the other side of the rooftop.


In this way, the otherwise boring roof will be much more vibrant - and while you might think that putting an eatery and viewing area on the top of a museum roof is a bad idea, I assure you that in the land of Jurassic Park that idea is plenty good compared to many of the other decisions that have been made in the dino park!

My school year wraps up at the end of April so hopefully once that's done I'll have more time to devote to building up the rest of the rooftop plus more of the surrounding park.  I haven't done much else yet - but boy oh boy do I have plans!  For now, here's the best aerial shot I could get of what that particular section of my park looks like - hopefully the next aerial shot will have much less grey showing on the rooftop!


My current question for my build is what sort of eatery should I try to build on top of my museum?  I'm thinking a small snack bar or maybe even a snack cart of sorts?  

Comments

Post a Comment