Dining Display: Castle Time! (Vintage & Modern Mixed)

I'm back with another edition of "Dining Display" where I show off our old dining room window (a room that has turned into our playroom for our son).  Every so often, I switch out the LEGO in the window area so that he has new things to explore and to play with.


This time around, I dug into my old box of LEGO from my childhood and rebuilt some of my favorite castle sets.  The highlights include the Wolfpack's outpost, the Dragon Master's fortress, and a few assorted smaller castle sets including the Royal Knight's king's carriage.  



There's also a couple of nice Forestmen sets that I built - those were eBay buys from a few years ago (but they date back to when I was a kid playing with LEGO).  That Forestman Crossing set, in particular, was always one that I wanted when I was little!



It wasn't only old sets that I built though - I also built the new LEGO Ideas Blacksmith set.  That one I had to build because I recently had a flood in my "man cave" due to a frozen pipe and the Blacksmith set box got completely water logged.  I was afraid there might be damage to the set itself (luckily LEGO packaged it all up in plastic, including the instruction manual, so all ended up okay other than the box which I had to trash).



I haven't quite decided what to do next on the window sill but my son told me earlier this morning that he was starting to look forward to a change in LEGO display!  That's kind of fair since the castle stuff has been out for quite some time (my last display before this one was back in February of this year).


Comments

  1. Very cool theme. If I were a little kid, the "castle" theme would only be second to "space" or Star Wars. There's so much cool stuff you could do like build a huge castle and defend it from intruders. Anyways... glad the flood only damaged the box.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment