Dining Display: It's a Jungle Out There, Kids!

I'm back with another LEGO display that I built for my son to play with recently.  Our latest theme was "jungle" - something I did back in 2020 as well (this was when our display lived on our kitchen mantle).  Now that my son is old enough, the display sits on a large windowsill where he can hop up on a bench and play to his heart's content!  


I did get to add in a few more sets from the last time I built and displayed my Jungle collection.  In particular, the "crashed plane" set (the largest from the Jungle line back when it was released) was a set that I bought after displaying the jungle stuff a few years ago.  That was a great choice because my son loved the falling rock and the little trap door that sends hapless explorers into the river (presumably to be eaten by crocs)!  The crash plane portion definitely has a "LOST" TV show vibe to it as well, I dig it!


Another favorite this time around was the gigantic heli-plane.  Last time around, the vehicle was too big for my son to really play with but now that he's older, it was an instant hit!


I think adding in the green base plates was a nice touch - plus it gave a home for some of the smaller bits (those piranha plants are particularly awesome)!  


The bridge in the above photo is actually a Ninjago set but it fits so well with the Jungle theme that I keep it with the rest of my jungle sets.  I also still had my custom jungle temple built (it's been sitting on a shelf for over two years waiting for me to disassemble it)...but since it was still built, I added it to the layout as well!  


I also got to use the temple for a backdrop on one of my latest Minifigure Museum posts!

That does it for this particular display.  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do next...for now my son is still loving the jungle stuff (the vehicles, in particular) but Daddy is getting a little tired of the set-up so I'm guessing I'll swap it out for something new before too much longer!

Comments

Post a Comment