Dining Display: Life's a Beach (until you find a shark or two)

Earlier this summer, my wife and I took our son on his first ever proper beach vacation.  We traveled down to Fenwick Island, DE and had quite a nice time!  In preparation for the trip, I transformed my LEGO dining display into my son's own little beach paradise!


Most of what I put out for this particular display was reused from way back in 2020 though I did add in a few new things including the Ocean Exploration Submarine that I posted a review for earlier this month (see here for the review).



The highlight of the set-up still has to be my custom boardwalk (where I added in a modified version of the Diner from the now-defunct LEGO Hidden Side line).  I also love the old school palm trees, though the newer palm branches with the clip aren't terrible for smaller plants.


My son enjoyed playing with all of the wildlife I put out included multiple types of sharks, a dolphin, and even some crabs.  Not everything was to the same scale (there was a LEGO Creator set mixed in) but my four-year-old didn't mind!


The lighthouse was also a Hidden Side set, though I modified it as well (including adding a working light brick to it).  I also build the rock outcropping for the lighthouse and included a small garden for the lighthouse attendant.  


Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't show off the glow-in-the-dark anglerfish one more time.  By far my son's favorite part of the entire set-up, he loved taking the fish into a dark room and seeing it glow (and truthfully, dad found that pretty cool as well)!  

All told, it was a successful vacation and a successful LEGO display.  I've already figured out what the next display is going to be - something I haven't yet done so I should have even more interesting stuff for the blog coming up in the not-so-distant future!  Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Another awesome display! If I ever go outside of the pop culture (Star Wars, Stranger Things, NES, etc.) or Speed Champions realm... I'd consider building a lighthouse. That would be a cool family room display piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can't go wrong with a good lighthouse!

      Delete

Post a Comment