2022 LEGO City Advent Calendar: Day 1

Happy December, everyone!  With the changing of the month, it's now time to start digging into this year's LEGO City Christmas Advent Calendar.  


This year's box features a much calmer setting than usual - a house and a barn with Christmas lights along with plenty of snow.  It's quite nice, though it doesn't look a bit like LEGO!

For day 1, we have a LEGO City plane (or is it a helicopter)?  


The white and blue color scheme screams "LEGO City Police" to me - not overly Christmas-y but anyone who has opened up LEGO City Advent Calendars in the past will be well aware that LEGO likes to put police themed items and builds in their Advent Calendars.  

For me, the best bit of this build is the blue transparent light on the back of the vehicle.  It adds just enough brightness to make the entire build look more interesting than it has any right to be.  


I do with LEGO would lean more into the Christmas theme when they put together their Advent Calendars.  After all, the Winter Village line is a super popular theme so there's no shortage of things they could do with an Advent Calendar like this to help augment people's winter villages (and, to be fair, there are usually some nice winter items in each Advent Calendar...today just wasn't one of those days I guess)!

That's it for the first day of December - happy early holiday cheer everyone!

Comments

  1. This is the first time in several years that I didn't pick up a Lego advent calendar. In recent years I've been slowly adding to a Harry Potter Christmas display, but not sure I'll even put it out. I've never bought a Lego City advent calendar, but I do enjoy Lego's Christmas themed sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I bought a couple of Harry Potter sets that I thought I could convert to a non-Harry Potter themed Christmas village! I didn't get around to doing that this year (my display space is full as it is) but maybe next year? So much to do, so little time to do it!

      Delete

Post a Comment