Goodbye Old LEGO Building & Storage Area!

Last week, I ordered myself a new 16-cube storage shelf to put down in my man cave.  As such, I am going to need to do some reorganizing in the basement and that will include changing up my LEGO building and storage area.  

Right now, I have a table that is more or less against the middle of a wall with a small shelf nearby.   I'm going to remove the small shelf and slide my table (and LEGO storage cabinets) over to the corner of the room.  Here's the current set-up in all of its messy glory (you can't see the shelf but it's back behind my table).



My hope is that will make the precariously stacked LEGO storage containers a bit more stable (because of the wall) and that I'll sort of "open up" my room a bit more in terms of being able to get around and/or see things.  



I figured it'd be a good idea to document what I currently have though, hence today's post!  

Finally, for those that might be curious - yes, I am trying to label all of my drawers (sorting my collection has been a slow process but I'm nearly done at this point in time).  Here's a close-up of a few of the drawers so that you can see what I've done.



In the end, I'm hoping that these new changes will help me make better use of the space I have.  In addition, that new shelf I ordered will be able to hold both LEGO related stuff (sets, pieces, etc.) as well as overflow from my ever-growing board game collection!

I'll have to show off my new digs once I get everything organized, though at the rate I tend to organize, don't expect that post anytime soon!

Comments

  1. Super cool. As much as I love Legos (just spent several hundred dollars earlier in the week)... I don't think I'll ever have this kind of set up. 99.9% of the Legos I own were originally part of new sets. So I have a handful of spare pieces, but not nearly enough to create this kind of storage system (or even make mocs for that matter). That being said... I'm jealous of fellow Lego fans with these kinds of set ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ended up with a number of those Classic sets full of random pieces. I also tend to grab a cup of pieces if I find myself in a LEGO store. It doesn't take long to add up!

      Delete

Post a Comment