Minifigure Museum: Explorer (Series 2)

It's been awhile since I've added to my Minifigure Museum (nearly a year)!  Today, we are going to go all the way back to Series 2 and the Explorer as our featured minifigure.  



The Explorer comes complete with a khaki outfit, binoculars, a magnifying glass, and his pith helmet.  I do like the printing on the torso (as well as the printed pocket on his legs).



Unfortunately, there's nothing interesting on the back of the minifigure - an issue that was fairly common with some of the early Collectible Minifigure series.



For me, the star of the show here is that pith helmet in white.  It's not a unique part (having appeared in at least 50 sets) but it is a unique part for my personal collection (if I'm not mistaken).  

For comparison, here's the full checklist for Series 2:



I do think that the Explorer is in the top half of the minifigures in this series.  Unfortunately, I'm still missing a handful of the minifigs from the series so I can't do a complete ranking but looking at the checklist the Explorer has to be in the top half (and probably even in the top quarter of the set).  I think that the Spartan Warrior and the Egyptian Pharoah will both place higher than the Explorer but since I don't have either of those two figures in hand, I can't be sure!  

Anyhow, one of the great things about the Explorer is that he was lots of fun to pose for some photos outside.  I couldn't pick which one to feature here so you get two!




As usual, I also like to include a LEGO scene for each minifigure in my Minifigure Museum collection of posts and the Explorer fit right in with my Jurassic Park area.



I do hope to do more writing here at Playing with Bricks moving forward, I know posts have been sort of slow in the past couple of months.  That said, I haven't given up on LEGO at all - more that I've had plenty of other things eating at my time!

Comments

  1. Wow. There are a lot of cool minifigs in that series. Makes me regret not getting interested in these back in the day. I've thought about starting, but just haven't. Although I'm considering collecting the Disney 100 ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment