2023 LEGO City Advent Calendar: Day 01 and 02

Happy December, everyone!  This year, I'm back with another LEGO advent calendar (once again, the newest LEGO City Advent Calendar) for your day-by-day enjoyment.  Of course, I actually didn't get around to starting my calendar until today (December 2nd) so I've got two builds to get us going right after this spoiler-free image.



This year, I'm going to give each day's build a rating out of 5.  Let's see how the calendar fares (and then we can use that number to compare calendars in upcoming years if we want)!

Day 1:



The LEGO City Advent Calendar starts off with a strong, quirky build that's definitely wintery (that's good, I want the mini builds to feel like proper holiday builds).  Why is the snowman on skis?  Why does a snowman need a helmet with visor?  How does a snowman get on skis?  Who tied the snowman's scarf?  Oh sure, this build offers way more questions than it does answers but I love it.  It's fun, it's different, and it screams "winter holidays" to me.  A great start to the calendar and an easy 5/5.

Day 2:



Okay, that snowman was a solid build but I think I like this little sign post even better!  The best part of the whole thing is that the sign itself is a printed tile...and it's a beautiful printed tile at that!  The candy cane sign pole is fine but LEGO probably could have just given me that printed tile for today and I would have been happy enough.  Overall, a second 5/5 right out of the gate.



With only two days' worth of builds so far, there isn't much to our winter scene but I'm sure it'll fill up before long!  Will day 3 bring our first minifigure in the calendar?  I'm guessing yes!

Comments

  1. I like all the accessories the snowman came with... but the sign is my favorite so far. That printed tile is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that tile is wonderful! I appreciate the accessories for the snowman as well, it felt like LEGO went an extra step over many previous years' Advent Calendar snowmen.

      Delete

Post a Comment