Minifigure Museum: Traffic Cop (Series 2)

Question:  Who is the one person you don't want to see when making a long drive?  
Answer:  A traffic cop!

Luckily, we aren't making a long drive today so it's the perfect time to take a look at the aforementioned Traffic Cop from Series 2 of the LEGO Collectible Minifigure line.



The Traffic Cop comes with two accessories (a pair of handcuffs and a printed Highway Patrol Speeding Ticket).  While the handcuffs are a super common piece and there's nothing special about them, I do love the speeding ticket tile.  I also like the printing on the front of the cop's torso (though it should be noted that there is absolutely no printing on his backside).  Finally, the aviator sunglasses definitely help to complete the look!



Here's a close-up of the speeding ticket tile.  


The Traffic Cop is part of the Series 2 of the Collectible Minifigure line.  Here's the full checklist for that set:



I am still missing almost half (7 of the 16) figures in this set so I can't give a definitive ranking of things.  However, I would say that by quickly looking at the above checklist that I'd have to place the Traffic Cop in the bottom half of Series 2.  That's less a hit on the figure itself but more so on the fact that police officers are a dime a dozen in LEGO sets.  I will say to the LEGO Company's credit, they did make the Series 2 figure look quite a bit different than the usual police officers from LEGO City sets, but even so, at the end of the day it's yet another officer and that's about it.

That being said, I will admit the the traffic cop looks pretty good "in action" in my custom LEGO city.


Here the traffic cop is helping motorists avoid the holes in the pavement that I still haven't fully filled in.  

And later that same day...



Is that tram going to get a ticket?!

Overall, while the minfig certainly isn't the most novel, I will say that it fits into my custom LEGO city better than most of the collectible minifigures.  I think that alone should raise the ranking of the Traffic Cop within the rest of his Series 2 companions.  Maybe if (when?) I finally complete all of Series 2, I can do a definitive ranking of the 16 figures.  Until then though, I'll let this guy issue plenty of traffic citations within my LEGO City!

Comments

  1. Nice aviators... and the printed tile ticket is awesome too. Overall... a very solid CMF.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment