Minifigure Museum: Janitor (Series 15)

Today, we turn our attention to Series 15 of the LEGO Collectible Minifigure series.  Our subject for today's Minifigure Museum is the Janitor, a character tasked with cleaning up LEGO City!



I'm a big fan of what I'd call "useful" minifigures for my custom LEGO City display.  While I definitely enjoy the stranger figures, there's something valuable in getting some minifigures that I can actually put to use within my custom city.  The Janitor definitely fits the bell in terms of being a useful minifigure for the city, and he works as a collectible minifigure as well since you aren't likely to have a janitor minifig in most "regular" LEGO City sets.



The Janitor sports a mop as his only accessory but at least the mop is well done and instantly recognizable.  I also like the printing on the Janitor.  His torso features a name tag and dirt stains while his legs have pockets complete with a dirty handkerchief.  He certainly looks the part of a hard-working janitor!  Unfortunately, there is no back printing now is there any printing on his hat but still, it's a solid-looking figure for sure.

The full Series 15 Collectible Minifigure Checklist looks like this:


Overall, Series 15 is a standout series with lots of great minifigures to choose from.  That said, I'd probably place the Janitor in the middle third if I were to rank all 16 characters.  Certainly a solid character, though perhaps not the standout that some of the others in the Series (such as the Queen, Farmer, or Knight).

As I mentioned earlier, the Janitor is easy top choice for those who build custom LEGO cities.  In fact, I kind of wish I had two or three more copies of the Janitor for my own city, he looks right at home in many of the different buildings in the city!  For example, here we see the Janitor hard at work keeping the steps of the modular LEGO Natural History Museum clean.  



Moving inside the museum, we see someone has shattered a clay plate that was on display.  Luckily, our Janitor has his trusty mop and will get that mess cleaned up in no time!



Overall, this is a solid yet unspectacular minifigure.  I think it's pure utility in a LEGO City is its greatest value (which I suppose is fitting for a Janitor)!  I also think I ought to try and track down a few more copies of this one for my custom layout...so perhaps this won't be the last of the Janitor that you see on my blog.


Comments