Minifigure Museum: Computer Programmer (Series 7)

Computer Programmer:  Series 7 LEGO Collectible Minifigure

Back when I was in college, I was a mathematics/computer science double major so I have a soft spot in my heart for the Computer Programmer from Series 7.  Oh sure, I never rocked the argyle sweater - and thankfully I never had glasses either (taped together or otherwise).  That said, I'm still probably pretty high up on the "nerd-o-meter" since I write a blog focused entirely on LEGO.

The Computer Programmer is one of sixteen figures from the seventh series of the LEGO Collectible Minifigure line.  Personally, I think the seventh series was one of the better series - I happen to like most of the figures and I even love a few of them!  Series 7 is also one of the few series that I've managed to collect all the minifigures!

As for the programmer himself, he comes with two accessories - a mug with a command prompt smiley face (very dork-a-licious) and a folding laptop.  The laptop piece is particularly nice - I don't think I recall seeing in any actual LEGO sets...certainly none that I own at least.  The minifig's face is suitably (stereotypically) nerdy as well - there's even a bit of white tape holding the programmer's glasses together!  The bow tie is a nice touch too...all that the programmer is missing is a pocket calculator!

All told, this is a fun figure for people like me.  I also think it's good when LEGO includes some "City-esque" figures in their minifigure series since LEGO City is one of the most popular themes year in and year out.  Figures like this are perfect for AFOLs who build custom city layouts as well...something that I am considering doing in the near future!

Comments