Minifigure Museum: Lizard Man (Series 5)



Lizard Man:  LEGO Series 5 Minifigure
The Lizard Man is a Series 5 minifigure that comes with a mask/helmet and a tail piece.

Using the labeling on the figure sheet that comes with each minifigure, the Lizard Man is #6 in the series.  All things considered, I found Series 5 to be a fairly strong entrant in the Collectible Minifigure line - and the Lizard Man is definitely one of the top figures of this particular set!

For me, I've always loved dinosaurs - I had tons of toy dinos when I was a kid, Jurassic Park came out when I was a teenager, and then this year we had a reboot of both the Jurassic Park movie series AND dinosaur sets within LEGO.  That's pretty cool - and it definitely adds to the appeal of the Lizard Man figure.

After all, if you were to build your very own LEGO Jurassic Park MOC, surely you'd want some mascots running around said park...and who better for the job than Lizard Man?!

Although I do love the figure a lot, it must be said that you don't actually get much with this particular figure.  In fact, you get a tail piece (that attaches at the neck) and a face mask piece...and that's it.  There is no printing at all on the legs of the figure nor on the back of the figure.  The front of the torso does get some scaly stomach and abs printing but that's it!

All told, sometimes simple is still pretty cool - and in the case of the Lizard Man, I'd say simple works well!

Comments