The Last (?) of the Swapfig Trades

Last week, I wrote about the first of two LEGO minifigure trades that I completed on the Swapfig site back in April of this year.  Today, it's time to look at the second trade I made. 

Before I get to the new acquisitions, I must say that it appears that the Swapfig site may be on its last legs.  They've had a ton of site stability issues over the past several months - and I guess that (along with other things) led to a mass exodus of users.  Last week, I tried to see what sort of trades I might be able to do in order to rid myself of my extra figures and I found there to be very few choices for me.  I'm hopeful that the site is able to revive itself (the owners seem to be on the fence about continuing) but no matter what happens, I can at least be thankful that the site allowed me to do a number of trades (11 in total to date) which had the net effect of drastically improving my overall Collectible Minifigure collection!

Now, let's turn our attention to my latest (and final) trade from the site to date.  Just like with the other April trade I made, this one was all about Series 3 and 4 (both series of which I am now only missing two figures each from).

From Series 3, I tracked down a pair of figures including the awesome Elf figure.  Back in the days of my childhood, I loved playing with Castle sets - so that Elf would have been right at home in my make believe fights between good and evil! 

From Series 4, I managed to get three more figures including the awesome gnome figure. 

That does it for LEGO related mail day posts to date.  Hopefully I'll have more trade posts in my future here!

I'm so happy to (finally) be back to blogging on a semi-regular basis AND to get my desk cleared off of the bubble envelopes!  Hopefully, this won't be the last post you see from me here at Playing with Bricks this year!  I'm super excited to get back to building my own custom creations - and I'd like to continue reviewing/showcasing some older sets, especially those from around the time of my childhood.  Lots of big plans for the blog, so stay tuned!

Comments