The Kitchen Mantle - #03: Little Boys Love Firetrucks!

I've continued my tradition of switching out various LEGO sets on my kitchen mantle, all in the name of giving my young son something new to look at (and in many cases, play with). 

Last time around, I highlighted my Classic Space set-up that I made.  He loved swooshing the space ships around but I think he liked the latest mantle set-up even better:  Firetrucks!

This time around, I didn't actually build anything custom.  Instead, I simply populated the mantle with as many different firetrucks and other related sets that I owned.  I even went out and bought the smaller fire station just for the mantle display (it was on discount and I knew my son would love the lights and siren piece).

All told, he loved playing with the fire stations.  It worked well for me too because I could alternate which fire station I took down off the mantle for him to play with (he gets to play with the sets at our kitchen table, only under strict supervision of course since he isn't yet two years old).  For such a young child, he does remarkably well with the LEGO - and he definitely seems to enjoy "real" LEGO sets like this as opposed to Duplo stuff!

As of the time of this post, I've actually already put away all of the fire stuff and replaced the mantle with something a little bit cheerier (hint:  think theme park)!  I'll be sure to show off the final product of the newest mantle collection in due time (it's still a work in progress, I like to add new bits now and then to keep him interested). 

As you can probably tell, in many ways this mantle project is as much fun for me as it is my son (and seeing his reaction to something he particularly loves is priceless)!

Comments

  1. Awesome display! I definitely went through a firetruck phase when I was a kid. I don't think I owned any Lego firetrucks... but I had this really cool Tonka firetruck with this extension ladder when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't have any LEGO firetrucks either as a kid. I think I've more than made up for that now though ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment