Minifigure Museum: Lawn Gnome (Series 4)

After not having done a Minifigure Museum post in nearly a year, here I am with a second such post within a month.  You are welcome, internet.

For today, we are going back to Series 4 and the wonderful little Lawn Gnome figure. 



The Lawn Gnome comes with a fishing pole (with line) as his lone accessory.  I should also note that the Lawn Gnome has the shorter (non-bendable) minifigure legs which makes him a more appropriate gnome height! 



He also has a white "Santa" beard and a lovely green hat that folds forward.  Honestly, despite being a relatively simple figure he's pretty much perfect for the subject matter.  



Without his hat and beard on, you can see the Gnome has a rather "old person" looking face.  There's definitely Snow White and the Seven Dwarves vibes here though I'm guessing that LEGO would say it was nothing more than a happy coincidence at the time.

Here's the full checklist for Series 4 of the LEGO Collectible Minifigures:



As you can see, there are a number of great figures in Series 4.  Even better, I'm happy to report that I've managed to acquire all of them other than Viking!  I definitely need to track down that Viking though as I'd love to be able to knock Series 4 off of my LEGO Want List for good!



Overall, I enjoy the Lawn Gnome figure for the unique figure that he is.  I don't think this is the most useful of the collectible minifigures but he's such an iconic design that I'm glad LEGO included him in the set.  I guess you can make him look like he's fishing so that's something...



Yep, I had fun photographing this one!  



Special shoutout to my wife for all of her lovely flowers that I got to use as background for the Lawn Gnome.  

Comments

  1. My nieces are obsessed with gnomes. We're in Ashland and they're participating in this lawn gnome scavenger hunt. As for the figure... it's cool. But the one I really want from Series 4 is the kimono girl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment