My Custom LEGO Jurassic Park Gets a New Train Tunnel and Station!

The month of September sure went by in a blur...so much so that I never even had a chance to post here at Playing with Bricks!  Don't worry though, I made it in the nick of with a quick update post for the month.  

More specifically, how about an update on my custom LEGO Jurassic Park?  It's been awhile but I did do some work on that this past month.  My son and I ripped out the whole mountain and tunnel that I had built and reworked it so that all of our trains could safely pass through.  Behold, our new and improved tunnel:


I moved the skeleton fossil to the "front" of the tunnel as well since that's the side that everyone sees first when they come across my LEGO table.  



I think someday I'll take apart the "airport shuttle" and build myself a more fitting Jurassic Park monorail vehicle.  However, that's such a minor thing for now that I'm not worried about it.



My son and I also built this train station earlier this summer (but I don't think I ever showed it off on the blog).  I'm happy with how that turned out, even if getting a photo of it proved rather tricky with all of the track everywhere!

My custom LEGO table is definitely a "slow and steady" sort of place for me to work.  I rarely work quickly - and with a limited number of parts (and time) making any sort of meaningful progress is slow.  That being said, I do like how things are slowly shaping up - even if I don't move quite as quickly as my son might prefer I do when building things for him to play with!


Comments