A Look at My New and Improved LEGO Winter Village (now with lights)!

Today, I didn't get a chance to open the next door on my LEGO City Advent Calendar with my son.  I gave my last final exam of the semester and didn't get home until late.  By then, all my son wanted to do was play with our LEGO Winter Village and who am I to say no?  That being said, I know he'd be a bit sad if I opened today's door without him so we'll simply try to double up tomorrow.  

With that all said, how about a sneak peek at this year's Winter Village changes!  Back in November, I posted the earliest stages of our Winter Village (see here).  The scavenger hunt idea is still going strong, in fact, I printed off the 9th different scavenger hunt for my son tonight (this time, I had some fun placing a bunch of Mario bad guys all across the village for my son to locate)!  

Now, let's see some of what the village looks like as of today:



Yeah, I added lights for the first time ever!  That's one big 64x64 stud base plate in the front.  I used some official LEGO models, some of my own stuff, and some models based on ideas from some third-party books!  My son helped me build parts of that layout (though I did all of the wiring since the wires are so tiny and delicate)!  Overall, I think it turned out pretty well for a first attempt at lighting up LEGO stuff.  I do have enough lights leftover to do another big base plate...the real question is whether or not I'll have the time and energy to put together a second big scene this year!

Comments

Post a Comment