Minifigure Museum: Ice Fisherman (Series 5)

I'm a collector at heart (as evidenced by my ample baseball cards, board games, and yes, LEGO minifigures that I own).  One of my favorite things to collect are the LEGO Collectible Minifigure series.  I may not have every series completed (yet?) but I do own a large chunk of the minifigs from the various collectible series (you can find my full collection here as well as what I'm still searching for).

Today, we are going back to Series 5 to take a look at the rather seasonally appropriate (for us in the Northern Hemisphere) Ice Fisherman:

With about 7" of light, fluffy snow I knew I had to take some photos of the Ice Fisherman in his natural habitat.


The Ice Fisherman comes with a fishing pole, fishing line, and sand green fish as well as a nice arctic winter outfit.  He does not have a secondary print for his face (nor is there any printing on the back of the figure's torso or legs).  



I do like the printing on the figure's front - and putting it all back together you have an immediately identifiable figure (the fur-lined cap works particularly well here in the light tan).


In my opinion, Series 5 of the Collectible Minifigures is one of the LEGO Companies best efforts - I mean, just take a look at the full checklist:



So many great figures in there, probably a big reason why Series 5 was the first series that I completed in its entirety!

One lesson to learn though, if you are a fisherman, is never taunt the bears with your catch!



Might be a good idea to drop the fish and run!  



Stay warm out there, folks!

Comments

  1. Series 5 has a lot of cool figures. Never got into the CMF... but seeing posts like this one makes me regret not starting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to show off my wall of figures here on the blog sometime!

      Delete

Post a Comment